Thursday, April 8, 2010

I've found cottage cheese in Seoul!

It has been a bit sad lately how much I'm craving dairy and fruits. I get by with the amount of veggies they have here but I never realized how many fresh fruits, veggies and dairy Greg and I ate until I couldn't really find it anymore! An no I don't think these are pregnancy cravings... even in the United States if I didn't get enough of it I'd crave it. Fruit choices are pretty slim since most things are imported, the only things we have at a decent price are apples, bananas and little oranges. I've been supplimenting my fruit intake by drinking more fruit juices. Anyway, at the knitting group last week someone was telling me about a little shop not too far away from Itaewon running along the base that has many foreign goods. I set out to find it and was surprised how easy it was to get to since it is in an alleyway. The shop is run by a little Philippino lady who speaks English, they didn't have cottage cheese yesterday but said she had ordered some more. I told her where I'm coming from and she felt it was pretty far so now she is going to save me a container to pick up on Saturday. I'm so excited!!!! She even has oatmeal, refried beans and cheaper cheese. I think I may be visiting her more often.

Yesterday Greg and I went to Subway for lunch, I had spotted one last weekend while I was in Insa-dong. I told him I wanted a tuna sandwich and oh my goodness, it was so good! Greg just kept telling me I was nuts, I have literally been dreaming about food it's been that bad. He said he doesn't really get cravings and will eat anything. Sad how I'm this excited about food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment